WHY DANCING IS GOOD FOR YOU
(Extracts from HSA simplyhealth group)
- It's enjoyable: Let's face it, for most of us, it's a lot better
than just being on a treadmill.
- Feel Good Factor: The social element of dancing can help ward off feelings of anxiety and depression and
helps induce feelings of happiness.
- Calorie Burner: Salsa burns 180 to 480 per hour, belly dancing
180 to 300, jive 250, line dancing up to 300 calories per hour.
- Sociable: It's a great way to make friends and meet people.
- Brain Booster: Learning dance steps is a great way to keep on
your toes mentally too.
- Cardiac workout: Dancing is a great aerobic work out for your heart and lungs and helps to lower blood
pressure. One study of Italian cardiac patients found dancing three times a week was as good as spending the same amount of time on a treadmill.
- Builds Strong Bones: It's great weight bearing exercise so it helps to build bone density and also helps prevent
the brittle bone disease osteoporosis.
- Blood Fat Buster: Dancing for 30 minutes can also boost good HDL chlorestoral levels - the kind that protects your
arteries from being furred up.